The Shrine of Our Lady at Walsingham was established in 1061 when, according to the text of the Pynson Ballad, Richeldis de Faverches prayed that she might undertake some special work in honour of Our Lady. In answer to her prayer, the Virgin Mary led her in spirit to Nazareth, showed her the house where the Annunciation occurred, and asked her to build a replica in Walsingham to serve as a perpetual memorial of the Annunciation. This Holy House was built and a religious community took charge of the foundation and became one of the greatest Shrines in Medieval Christendom. The Slipper Chapel, heart of the Shrine, is the place all Catholic pilgrimages are centred on and where the statue of Our Lady of Walsingham is enthroned. The Shrine now attracts some 150,000 pilgrims during the pilgrimage season and is a testimony of the devotion to Our Lady and Her intercession for who seek Her in prayer.
Practical information on the streaming
The Basilica offers an online livestream service under the following link.